Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Progress in the Temple of Spools

Here's the amazing truth about any large project: eventually you make progress. With all the thrashing and moaning, I'm thinking "this will never be done!" Then I stitch a few more stitches and do a little pressing and, VOILA!!

That's right. A little here, a little there. Lay the thing out and look at it. Cut fabric. Arrange the bits and see if it pleases the eye. Change the combo, look again, fire up the Bernina and sew a seam (and sometimes rip it out!).

Press.
Consider.
Rearrange. Reorganize. Rethink. Remember, "the seam ripper is your friend!"

My previous post was pretty standard for me in the throes of a large project: Woe is me! I've become distracted by other Pressing Matters of Life! And then it's : Okay, fine, you got distracted, NOW what are you going to DO about it? Huh? That emotional hurdle cleared, the week's effort brought us to this:

We're moving in the sashing portion of the project, and oh how sweet it is. Click on the snaps to get a full screen image. And yes, Molly, your portion has been edited:

(the seam ripper is my friend... and again, and again, and again)

AND, for the overscheduled "I don't know what to write!!!" participants (you know who you are):

Last but not least, because I promised, a photo by special request. The hour was advanced and the makeup was long gone, but what the hey. Princess Warrior wanted to see the new specs, so here they are:

Comments welcomed, especially effusive praise. Critics begone. You know I love you, but I've got work to do....

-- susi